Volunteer Registrations are not open yet
As a not-for-profit organisation the Nannup Music Club relies heavily on the generosity, goodwill and dedication of high calibre and enthusiastic volunteers to bring the Festival to life. The Committee and Staff are grateful to our volunteers and particularly those who come back year after year. In return for your hard work we embrace you as part of the Nannup Music Festival Family.
Who we’re looking for
The Nannup Music Festival is looking for like-minded volunteers to support its ethos of:
- Inclusivity and respect for diversity,
- Creation of a sense of purpose, belonging, community, achievement,
- Meeting new people,
- Learning new skills and enjoying new experiences,
- Helping others and making a difference in the community,
- Respect to the environment and each other,
- Appreciation of eclectic music,
- Love for life!
No. You will be informed of your specific duties when you sign in for each shift.
Some jobs require particular skills or qualifications e.g. Working With Children Check, RSA or First Aid Certificate.
You can read a general description of most shift requirements here.
There are a limited number of roles for Volunteers between the ages of 13 and 17.
Youth Volunteers require consent from a parent/legal guardian and must bring that parent/legal guardian for initial check-in.
- You will receive an immediate acknowledgement on submission of your online registration.
- Shift allocations are made by the first week in February and you can expect to receive notification of your specific shifts by email at that time.
- Adults: minimum of 9 hours (3 x 3 hours)
- Youth (13 – 17 years old): minimum of 6 hours (2 x 3 hours)
- a full Weekend Festival Ticket
- a Monday morning Bush Breakfast Voucher
- a sense of achievement in making a valuable contribution to a community event
- Roster allocation is done according to the information you provide on the online registration form. You are encouraged to provide as much information as possible to assist the Volunteer Coordinator to allocate appropriate shifts to you.
- Age limits apply in some areas. You will be asked to provide your age during registration.
- To assist in the smooth running of the festival, it is likely you will be allocated to the same position for more than one shift over the Festival.
- On arrival at Nannup Music Festival you are required to check in at the Volunteer HQ at the Garage Gallery on Grange Road.
- The Volunteer HQ will be open for check-in from 9 am on Friday 3rd March 2017. All volunteers must check-in at least 1 hour prior to their first shift. If for any reason you are held up please contact the Festival Office.
- Upon check-in you will be asked to confirm your details (as per your online registration) and to check your roster.
- You will then be provided with your wristband which gives you full weekend entry to all ticketed venues throughout the Festival.
- Thereafter, you will need to report to the Volunteer HQ between 15 and 30 minutes prior to each shift to receive specific instructions about your duties, allowing time to make your way to your post.
- If you do not sign up early we can’t guarantee that you will (a) be able to work in your preferred area, or (b) that there will be enough shifts remaining in any area to make up the hours you need to qualify for free entry.
- There are sometimes shifts that need to be filled across the festival due to illness or no-shows. Please head to the Volunteer HQ and ask what’s available.
- If you have already purchased your weekend ticket and undertake the required 9 hours, you will qualify for a free weekend ticket for next year’s Festival.
- If you find that you can’t make the Festival it is your responsibility to cancel your shifts. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com as soon as you possibly can so that a replacement can be found.
- Volunteers who don’t cancel in advance and simply don’t turn up can significantly undermine the smooth running of the festival. This will affect any future application you may make.
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTIONS (2017)
The information below is provided to give Volunteers an idea of what roles might suit them and to assist them in filling out the Volunteer registration form which goes online in November each year. The Volunteer requirement is 3 x 3 hour shifts, ideally spread over 3 days.
Reception for Artists:
- Sign artists in
- Hand out information packs and passes
- Take instruments to and from the lockup
Keep the area clean and tidy
- Refresh urns, restock cool water, prepare refreshments
- Setup riders and platters
- Assist with stage management
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly if you are interested in this position.
Set up own caravan or camper at entrance to Artist Camping area
- Manage Artist Camping and direct campers to their allocated area
- Explain Artist Camping layout and facilities to artists and the Camp Wardens
- Sleep overnight at the Artist Camping area
Artist Camp Attendant
Monitor the Artist Camping area during the day
Direct campers to their allocated area
Explain Artist Camping layout, recycling and waste management and other facilities
Tip: Bring some reading material as there are some quiet periods
Artist Camping Setup and Pack Down
- Set up tents and Artist Camping area on the Thursday prior to the Festival
- Pack down Monday
- Monitor vehicle access to Artist Camping Area and Amphitheatre backstage
- Ensure only those with correct identification enter the site (by wristband colour, car sticker, Festival staff lanyard)
- Provide directions to Artists re campsite location and backstage to Amphitheatre
- Tip: Bring some reading material as there are some quiet periods
Ticketed Venues: Amphitheatre, Tigerville, The Depot, Town Hall and The Playground
- Ensure only those with valid wristbands enter the venue
- Direct non-ticket holders to the Ticket Office or Volunteer HQ
- Obtain specific instructions about wristbands when you sign in for your shift
Amphitheatre evening shifts only
- Keep access ways clear
- Maintain seating areas
- Monitor crowd for blocking access ways, smoking and disorderly conduct. Alert security if necessary.
Amphitheatre & Tigerville
- Serve customers at the Festival Bars
- Stock and re-stock bar supplies
- Check ID where required
- Must have current RSA Certificate
- Serve festival patrons a cooked or continental breakfast
- Cook at BBQ
- Wash dishes at our wash-down station as part of our commitment to reduce waste
Stock and restock artist and NMF merchandise
Handle sales and merchandise enquiries
Previous customer service/POS experience would be an advantage.
- Sell Festival and Camping tickets through POS system
- Exchange tickets for wristbands – check in ticket holders, scan tickets, hand out wristbands and programs
- Provide cash out through EFTPOS machine
- Answer general enquiries or direct people to the Information Van
- Assist in Artist Check-in
- Previous customer service/POS experience would be an advantage.
- Provide Festival information and assist with enquiries/issues
- Provide general local Nannup information regarding venues and amenities
- Familiarity with the festival and the local area would be an advantage
Attend to minor health incidents
Refer serious incidents to the St John Ambulance Brigade
Attend a brief information session on Saturday morning
Must have a Senior First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Check in all volunteers
- Induct volunteers on shift processes and responsibilities
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator of unfilled shifts
- Deal with general enquiries
- Ability to use a laptop and/or tablet device is required for this position
Communicate messages between various festival staff and locations
Provide refreshment to Volunteers at various stations
Manage the phone charging station
Setup (Wed/Thurs /Fri)
- Assist with preparing the festival site
- Set up temporary fencing, hessian walls, small marquees
Set up chairs, umbrellas, Family Fun area, decorations
Erect corporate and directional signage
Setup bars and green room
Pack down (Mon/Tues)
- Reverse of setup procedure
*Please note: Some physical work is required in this pre and post Festival period
Work with our young festival goers at various arts and crafts stations
Friendly, happy and creative people are ideal for this position
Must have a current Working with Children Check
Create inspiring face art within the Family Fun area
Must have a current Working with Children Check
Introduce artists to the stage
Inform audience of upcoming performances
Clear venues of rubbish
Re-fill water units at venues
- Transport artists to and/or from Perth
- Vehicle must be able to accommodate at least one artist and his/her instrument and luggage
Encourage people to purchase raffle tickets in support of the festival bottom line!
- Transport festival goers to and from the Festival Campground (Nannup Recreation Centre)
- Must have an F Class licence to drive the 12 seater Nannup Community Bus
- Assist in the setting up of the workshops area (Saturday AM)
- Assist artists with getting craft materials to the workshops area (if required)
- Assist artists during workshops (if required)
- Clean up stations as required between workshops
- Assist in packing down the workshops area for the night (Saturday and Sunday PM)
For any further info, please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinatorat firstname.lastname@example.org