Applications are open!
Closing date: Friday 17th December 2021
For any further info, please get in touch with our Markets Manager:
Professional, registered, well-presented stalls that provide delicious meals, desserts and beverages. Stalls offering healthy, local, organic, authentic and ethically sourced food and drinks will be given preference. Stalls that propose waste-free and plastic-free serving solutions will be given preference.
Stalls that only sell products handmade by the applicant. We support artists and crafters who produce wares with their own skills and we’re proud to promote them at our festival markets. Stalls that sell pre-packed, edible goods entirely produced by the applicant (e.g. tea, honey, spices, chocolate, etc.) can also qualify for this category. If in doubt, please contact our Stalls Coordinator to discuss.
Stalls that provide health, wellbeing, therapeutic and other body related services, and are registered and qualified in their field.
Stalls that import their products or sell products that the applicant does not produce themselves. Retailers who support fairtrade, vintage and pre-loved goods will be given preference. If your stall is a combination of craft and merchandise, it is a Merchandise Stall and we ask you to apply under that category. Merchandise stall fees will apply.
Non-Profit Incorporated organisations that provide services and/or information for the benefit of the community and the environment, and wish to promote these services at the NMF.
If you have a quirky, awesome idea for a stall that doesn’t exactly fit the above categories, we still want to hear from you!
All applications will be assessed on:
- Appearance and stall presentation – well presented, colourful and creative stalls are highly valued. We require photos with your application, and we will be looking at any of your website/social media pages.
- Product quality, origin and presentation – we love all things handmade, sustainable, local, ethical, vintage, upcycled, fairtrade, fresh, healthy, organic, authentic…
- Diversity – the festival aims to minimise direct competition between stalls and provide variety for our attendees. We will be selecting a balance of both new and returning stallholders.
- Ability to follow the application process, submit all documentation and comply with relevant regulations.
- Professionalism, efficiency and friendly nature when interacting with customers, volunteers and festival staff.
- Environmental awareness in accordance with our sustainability guidelines and policy.
- Site logistics and restrictions – spacing, power and facilities.
We are committed to reducing the festival’s environmental impact and we ask that our stallholders be part of the solution. We promote a BYO water bottle and crockery policy, provide water refill stations around the festival site and encourage patrons to use the washable and reusable crockery on offer at our dishawashing station. We favour stalls that use completely compostable serving, takeaway and packaging options. We are aware that the recycling industry is broken, and we believe that not creating waste in the first place is the way to go.
We ask that no plastic, styrofoam or “biodegradable” alternatives which will not decompose in a home compost are used in your:
- food and beverage serveware (including lids and lining of paper cups)
- drinks for sale (including water)
We also don’t permit: